Where did I get that outfit? lol

Sunday, October 21, 2012

Some Great News


I want to tell the great news first.  The oncologist called my mom and told her that she doesn't have Cancer.  I can't hardly believe it but I'm so happy.  So she will go probably this week and get iron since he says that's what's going on with her low numbers.  It doesn't hardly seem possible but I'm going to just be happy.  So I won't be going up on the 1st since there won't be a need to.  I guess the doctor originally "thought" she had leukemia and then the doctor that did her bone marrow biopsy  "thought" my mom had bone marrow cancer.  So for now I'm just going to keep praying and thinking good thoughts.  

The fall rally went great I thought on Saturday, there were about 150 people that came.  My presentation went well I thought and I had like 50 people come up to me after for a copy and to tell me how much they enjoyed it and how much I motivated and inspired them.  A lot told me I should be a motivational speaker that I'm a natural.  Would have never thought of myself as a natural since inside I felt so nervous.  But as soon as I started that's what I told everyone and I think that helped me just go with it.  I also ended up just reading it not doing a power point and honestly I'm glad I did it that way because the thought of a power point was kind of stressing me.  But I know if I ever did something at SRD I would need to do a power point.  Anyway it went really well I thought.  My games were a success I thought even though a bit crazy lol.  The lady that made the pinata made it really tough and it took like 10 people to finally crack it open.  I almost got whacked in the head with the plastic bat at one point lol.  

Now that so much seems lifted off me I just need to really get back in the groove of taking care of myself.  I am going to continue doing my little "happiness challenge" and I'm hoping that will continue to keep me feeling upbeat.  I need to start working on the yard too before it gets to cold.  Think that will be next weekend.  We are having a 5k for our local TOPS chapters on Nov 3rd and that's Marie's last soccer game day too.  So that will lift something else off me too.  I just need to really get more focused on things. I feel like my mind has been all over the place.  

With work moving too I need to start cleaning stuff up at the old office.  Have projects to get all the parts ordered for so going to really work on that this week and get my head around it all.  I really slacked last week at work but I just think I was mentally exhausted.  

Just so glad things are going to be ok with my mom.  I still can't hardly believe it but what great news :)

I'm going to go to bed early tonight and do or die I'm going to get my butt up in the morning and get back to my morning workouts.  I really do miss how they make me feel.  I was sleeping so much better too.  

Today has been a lazy day.  I did some cooking and just enjoyed not having anything planned or that I had  to do.  Wishing it was still Saturday though lol.  I could definitely go for an extra day off.  But now that I don't have to go to Baltimore in a few weeks I guess we can take an extra day for Thanksgiving.  Hard to believe it's less than 10 weeks till Christmas.  

Till next time...


9 comments:

Lori said...

That is amazing news about your mom! How wonderful!

Carla Birnberg said...

OH MY GOODNESS.
FANTASTIC NEWS!!!!!

Amanda @ Click. The Good News said...

Great news about your mom & congrats on your presentation! Have a fabulous week :)

Anna Marie said...

Oh Dawn such wonderful news and I am so happy for you. I am so glad that things are better with you and you are feeling more uplifted with yourself. It is such a great feeling that I feel it also for you.
Many hugs

Tessie said...

Oh Dawn! I'm so happy for your great news about your mom!!! All those prayers were answered. :)

I knew the TOPS rally would go well, and in the future if you need the power point please enlist someone to click away for you, it will take the stress off and make things flow smoothly..... Before you know it you'll be a retreat director! ;)

I'm so very happy things are going so well. I know how good it feels to cross things off the list. Keep on smiling!

Hugs

Kari said...

Fantastic news! Glad to hear you we're able to have a relaxing weekend.

F. McButter Pants said...

I am smiling from ear to ear! Great news about your mom.

You have always motivated me!! Every time someone talks about a motivational speaker I think of the old SNL sketch with the motivational speaker that lived in a van down by the river....lol.

Good luck with all your goals this week. love to u

spunkysuzi said...

I so happy to hear that she doesn't have cancer! That will make for a lot less stress for both of you.
Glad to hear that Saturday went well and that you didn't get hit with the bat :)

~Karen C.L. Anderson~ said...

What wonderful news!!