Where did I get that outfit? lol

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

The Start of 2013

I wish I had fancy pictures to go along with the past few weeks but I just got home from a 9 1/2 hour drive back from NY visiting with Kevin and I'm pretty beat.  I had a good Christmas and a great New Years though.  I am looking forward to the new year and looking forward to more personal growth.

A few days ago marked 3 yrs of maintenance for me.  Boy what I've learned in the past 3 yrs about myself.  2010 I think of as the year of celebration, I had so much happen that celebrated my weight loss I felt like a super star. 2011 I think of as the year of surgeries and having to rely on Mike and others for so much physically and emotionally and 2012 as the year of standing on my own where I really learned about the need to support myself most of all.

I'm looking forward to this year and accomplishing new things for myself that aren't weight related.  I've not given a great amount of thought to what those things will be yet but I'm excited about a fresh year in so many ways and really focusing on "fixing myself happy".

As for my holidays, it's been nice having 2 weeks off but boy how it flew by.  I still can't hardly believe its almost over.  Christmas was low key spent with Mike and the kids.  Last week I just enjoyed going to the gym everyday and spending the days any way I wanted to.  Friday we hit the road for NY to beat the snow to go see Kevin, his girlfriend and her little girl. We had a really nice visit and got to enjoy our first snow of the season.  

Yesterday I met up with Lori and her mom and it was just great getting to see them again.  It's hard to believe it's been almost 3 yrs since our trip to the Dr. Oz show.  I still can't thank her enough for loaning me that black turtleneck :) 

Today it was so cool that as we were driving back I realized I was in NJ just minutes from my girlfriend I visited back over the summer and so she met us for lunch which was great getting to see her and her seeing the kids who she hadn't seen in almost 2 yrs.  She couldn't believe how much they had both grown.  

Tomorrow I head to Baltimore, will have lunch with my girlfriend, dinner with my mom and sister and then go see my niece and great niece.  Thursday I take my mom to the hospital for her tests.  Then Friday it will be back to work.  Kind of nice to think I will have another weekend off after just a day of work too.  Probably should have just taken Friday off too but figured one day of work after 2 weeks off won't kill me lol.  

Hope everyone is enjoying their first day of the new year and here's to a great year for all of us.

Till next time...

9 comments:

Christine said...

This new year is going to be fantastic! I can feel it. Great post...don't you wish we could have learned to love and support ourselves years ago? Better late than never right. Have fun in Baltimore!

NAN said...

Glad to see you are doing great! How cool to know so much about yourself and stay motivated. I love it. The holidays just rushed by here but let me tell you the older you get.....it's true, really. I am working on myself and hope to have a great 2013.

Carla Birnberg said...

yes HERES HOPING ITS A GREAT YEAR FOR US ALL.

MaryFran said...

I love the "fixing myself happy" concept! That's what this journey really is about...it's not about weight, it's about being happy with who we are...inside and out! You have this nailed girl! I also can't wait to see what wonderful things happen for you this year!

spunkysuzi said...

Happy New Year! It's going to be a good one!

Katie J said...

I just found your blog and you are such an inspiration. Happy New year!

B.H said...

Can't wait to keep following along!

Anna Marie said...

Yes and a Happy New Year to you too Dawn.

I need to thank you for all your encouraging words and inspiration. It has done a world of good to me and I believe many others.

May the good lord continue to bless you and your family.

Many hugs.

responsibility199 said...

Its been two weeks, still at lunch?