Where did I get that outfit? lol

Monday, March 11, 2013

Stopping In

So a few weeks have went by so I thought I'd drop in to say hi.  Been super busy with the 2 contests (gym and online one) but I'm feeling really great.  I've dropped another 4 lbs.  You would think it would go quicker but I know 2 lbs a week is the way to keep it off plus trying not to lose any muscle along the way.  I'm holding second place in the gym contest, little thin girl is beating me by 1% and that's fine.  I would like to win but if I don't I'm just happy it re-motivated me to get my butt moving again and getting the weight back off.  

Spring is finally coming and soon I will be starting my training for my marathon.  I'm still scared as heck about it and of course unsure of myself.  I feel it has been a goal of mine forever so I really need to just do it and get it over with.  The one I found has a longer time for walkers so I won't have to stress over being fast enough.  It will just be about putting in the miles and getting it done. It's in November though so going to be cold but hopefully not to terrible.  

Hard to believe it's March already.  I have my TOPS annual convention coming up in less than a month.  I'm looking forward to it, should be fun.  I had hoped Mike could go with me but we just can't coordinate the details of having people watch the kids.  So guess him and I will have to find some time alone when the kids are off at grannies in the summer.  

Kevin graduates nuclear school May 10th.  It may get pushed a few days back due to weather but that's the plan for now.  We will go up to NY for it and spend a few days with him and his girlfriend and little girl.  I'm looking forward to seeing them again.  His Birthday is 1 month from tomorrow, he'll be 21.  It's hard to believe it's been 10 yrs since he came to us.  He's grown into a nice young man, I'm so proud of him.  I know I'll cry my eyes out at his graduation for so many reason.

His sister has invited us to my great nieces 2nd Birthday which is at the end of this month.  I'm excited about going.  I feel like we are getting closer again.  I'm hoping her and the baby will come for a visit soon too.

Marie has finished basketball and starts soccer this week or next.  I will get back to a few walks a week but will miss my evening workout classes, been taking a lot of them.  Maybe Mike can do some of the practices, we can share this year.  

Nick has finally picked his one low grade up and now has his electronics back which I can tell you he's very very happy about lol.  He was without them a good month.  All it took was one tutoring session with the teacher, not sure why he didn't ask her sooner.  Took a few emails from me, kids just don't seem to want to ask nothing.  

My mom is doing ok.  She's getting iron every few weeks and her blood numbers have come up.  She never seems to call me unless she needs a few dollars.  I will see her when I go up for the baby's Birthday in a few weeks.  I haven't been up there since January.  I continue to be distant from everyone there it seems.  Have spoke to my girlfriend a few times and it's been fine.  I'm just feeling like I'm doing what I need to do for myself and family here these days.

I guess that about covers things here.  Life is good.

Well till next time...

3 comments:

Anna Marie said...

This all good news Dawn and I am so happy for you. Wow I can't believe that Kevin is going to be 21? My where did that time go. Congrats with the weight loss and also you will do fantastic with the marathon, I just know and feel it for you.

If anything it I can feel through your post that you are in a good place which means alot.

Hope the visits up north are all good.

Many hugs

MaryFran said...

You are one busy lady!

4 pounds is excellent. And like you said, it's gotten you off your butt and losing again!

Vickie said...

Glad to hear that all is pretty smooth and you are taking care of yourself. Good post.