Where did I get that outfit? lol

Sunday, July 14, 2013

Has it really been that long?

Wow, think this is the longest I've ever been away from my blog.  I haven't really had a lot of extra time these days and when I think about posting I never seem to find my way here.  But I've missed blogging a lot and keeping in touch with all my blogger buddies.  I've checked on many of you but just haven't been commenting since I can't from work anymore.  I need to find myself a new routine in the evenings so I can at least come and post here once a week.

Things with me are good.  Work has been very busy so I just haven't had any extra time online these days much.

I'm doing my summer online challenge which is keeping me pushing forward but it's a mixed bag with exercise and food.  I can honestly say I think I've let go of a great deal of my regain fear.  I've talked so much about finding that peace and balance for myself and I know letting fear go is a huge part of finding that peace.  My weight hasn't went down really since my last post (180 lbs) but I'm ok with that as I've held pretty steady with it and it's felt good to me.  Of course I'm hoping to at least drop 5-10 lbs during the summer challenge which ends in mid Sept.

Kevin and his family are in VA now settling into their new place.  He still hasn't shipped out to sea yet so I'm hoping we will get to see him at least one more time before he goes.  They came and visited another weekend after they moved so I could tell they missed us especially the little one, she cried when she had to leave to go back home. 

Nick, is growing up so fast it seems.  We've had our ups and downs and to think we thought we'd get a bit of a break before more teen drama lol.  But I guess it could be worse if they were spaced closer together we could have double drama.  Anyway, we are working on it and I can see him growing up some finally.  He's smart and kind so that means a lot to me. 

Marie too is growing up, she looks like a grown young woman already and she's not even 12 yet.  But thankfully she's rather tomboyish so maybe I won't have to worry to much for a few more years lol.  

Mike did something to his back, poor guy, and has been suffering the past 2 days.  I guess he pulled a muscle or something though we have no idea how.  I sure hope it goes away as quickly as it came.  

My marathon training is going along pretty well.  I'm having some knee/leg issues so will need to go to the Orthopedic doc to make sure it's just my arthritis, maybe get myself some joint pills.  I don't know that I could take another year of not being able to do my marathon.  I think I would almost crawl across that finish line before I'd let this goal go another year without accomplishing it.  It's been in front of me so long and I just HAVE to do it this year.  Today was an 8 mile walk and though it wasn't my fastest time I felt good about it and I'm feeling motivated for the next long walk next week.

We've been back from vacation about a week.  We spent almost a week in Kentucky camping at Cave Run Lake.  It was something new for us camping there and though I thought it was nice enough I think I prefer Shenandoah and the wonderful hiking and views there.  I had thought of that 9 mile hike with the 9 waterfalls I never got to do last year on my 45th Birthday, maybe next year that will happen.  I did get to go tubing though for the first time ever, boy was that a crazy ride lol was a lot of fun though and I would surely do it again, maybe even try water skiining. 

After our camping we spent a night with Mike's mom.  I just love the farm and got in my usual walk to the bridge while I was there.  Then Mike and I headed off without the kids for a few days on our own.  

We spent a wonderful day in a small little sweet town called Helvetia, WV.  If you've ever thought of a town lost in time that is the place, there is no phone or internet and not even a TV.  There is only 4 rooms in the whole town to stay in. We ended up having the whole Inn to ourselves which was wonderful.  They had books at the Inn of stories that people had written about their visits there.  I felt like I knew everyone in town.  There are only 59 residence in the town.  The morning we left I asked the woman that fixed our breakfast if she would sit and talk with us and it was just sweet hearing how she had worked there 27 yrs and how much she loved the place.  I hope to some day get to go back and take the children.

After our day in Helvetia we went to the Poconos (PA) and stayed in one of those cheesy rooms with the champagne glass hottub and heart shape pool in your room :) We enjoyed our time alone though I must admit it felt like old eating times and I was actually happy to get home and get back to my regular eating routine.  

Then we had a week on our own before we went and picked up the kids yesterday.  

Friday marked 6 yrs on this journey for me.  Hard to believe it's been that long.  But I can see how far I've come and I can honestly say I'll never go back to my former self.  Sure I may struggle every now and then with a few lbs but I really am living a different lifestyle than I use to and that isn't going to change for me.  I know if I keep putting goals in front of me too it will just help push me forward to an even healthier me.  

Till next time...

9 comments:

Vickie said...

Very glad to hear all your news. Thanks for such a nice post. Hopefully his back recovers. It is so painful. If it doesn't improve steadily (at least getting a little better each day), he had better get in to have it checked. Does ice help?

Carla Birnberg said...

SO GLAD TO GET A CHECK IN!!

Anna Marie said...

So happy to read your post. Everything sounds lovely with your vacation. So sorry to hear about Mike's back. Hopefully he will be back to normal real soon.
I have missed you but so glad that all is well with you and your family.

Many hugs,

~Karen C.L. Anderson~ said...

So good to hear from you...glad everything is, for the most part, going well. Believe it or not I've been thinking (and this is the first time I've said it "out loud") about walking a marathon too...

mybizzykitchen.com said...

I love tubing - so glad you got a chance to do that!!

Glad your summer is going well! Hugs!

Evangelista Nick said...

Glad to hear about the good news!

Jane Cartelli said...

I am so happy you checked in and that you are all well. Stay well my friend!

Vickie said...

It has been a full month again. . .

kristi said...

Hope you all are doing okay!