Where did I get that outfit? lol

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Hello!!!

Just stopping by quick before bed.  I have been checking on some of you and it's always nice reading your posts and how you're doing.  

Things with me have been really busy.  Kids are back in school so just trying to get in the new routine of things. I have 2 1/2 weeks left of my online challenge and I'm doing fairly well.  Haven't dropped as much weight as I had hoped but I saw 172 lbs the other morning so I will continue on and hopefully reach the 160's by the end of the challenge.  I'm very content where I am now so I really don't care if I go any further.  I am just grateful to have peace and self love most days.  I hope it will continue after the challenge is over. 

Ok, about the family, we've had some serious things happening.  Back just a day before my last post Kevin went and married his girlfriend without telling us.  We found out a few weeks later and I was very sad that they didn't tell me so I could have been there.  Honestly I don't care I just want to see them happy, I'm hopeful they will be.

Nick's drama continues but I'm hopeful it will all be a valuable lesson for him. Marie's enjoying her new teacher and comes home chatty everyday which has been nice.

Poor Mike, he had a heart attack scare a few weeks ago.  I never thought something could affect me so much.  I spent 3 days eating like a crazy person worrying would I lose him.  Thankfully, it must have been related to his pinched nerve in his back that he had a month or so ago.  After many tests the doctor said his heart was in good shape.  I'm hoping it will re motivate him as he's been struggling with his weight the past year.

My marathon training continues and this week I walked my longest walk so far, 14 miles.  My joints seem to be holding up ok but my spirit was wavering there for a bit.  One of my online challenge teammates has asked to walk the marathon with me so I won't be alone :) I'm so very grateful.

I'm so very grateful for so many things.  

Till next time...

7 comments:

Carla Birnberg said...

OMGOSH
so much happening for you.

BIG HUGS and waves...

Anna Marie said...

WOW a lot has happened, good and not so good. So glad to hear that Mike is alright....thank the lord. Even with everything, you sound like you are really at peace with yourself...that is great.

Missed you and happy to hear from you.

Many hugs

Jack Sh*t, Gettin Fit said...

Tell Mike to take care of himself OR I'LL COME BEAT THE CRAP OUT OF HIM! Wait... that's not very motivational. BUT STILL... I'LL DO IT! BEAT THE CRAP OUT OF HIM, THAT IS!

Anyway, take care and keep up the great work!

Vickie said...

what a scare with your husband. glad everything turned out okay. and you are right - maybe this will help him in the long run.

glad to hear from you. it was a really long time.

Lori said...

Glad to hear you are doing okay! I was just thinking of you the other day. I hope Kevin is happy and gives his new wife and her child a stable environment.

Ron said...

Hi Dawn, was just checking in on you

mrstickle73 said...

Love the site. When is the next post due? xox

5 HTP Max