Where did I get that outfit? lol

Saturday, February 15, 2014

The Cat Castle and Peace With Food

Well our volunteer work just boosted me right up today.  Nick complained the whole way there and I thought "goodness I sure hope he doesn't start torturing me every week" lol but shortly after we got there his mood turned right around and he worked without complaint and then truly enjoyed his time with the cats.  We were a terrific team again this week with our other lady and finished all the scrubbing, scooping, cleaning in just about a hour so then we just got to hang with the kitties.  I had brought floor cleaners, litter, food, trash bags, treats, etc for the kitties so plan on doing that once a month.  We heard great news too that the little kitty that had been there 12 yrs got a new home this week, how cool is that :) it just made me so happy.  Casadia was a bit warmer towards me too.  I still can't pet her but she ate treats from my fingers and seemed to enjoy my company in "her room" so I'm hopeful next week maybe I will get to pet her, I'm taking it slow :) 

As for food today, well I had a great day :) no "using" and I had peace again.  My plan is to start a "streak" for myself by counting the days I can stay in my calorie range.  

Tomorrow morning I plan on going to the gym for a good weight lifting/cardio workout then Mike and I are going to lunch and then to the grocery to shop for the week.  I'm hoping he will go to the gym with me in the morning but I'm not going to push.  I'm just hopeful he can get back on track with food too.  He hasn't been going to TOPS with me either so I'm hoping he will go Wednesday, we will see.  

I made a triple batch of protein bars today as I plan on taking a batch for my girlfriend who has also been struggling the past few weeks.  She has invited Mike and I over for dinner on Monday so thought I'd take her a gift :) 

My oldest sister and I have played phone tag the past 2 weeks so I finally got to talk to her today.  It was a good chat with her and I hope to go see her and my mom in a few weeks.  It made me feel good to hear her say that though we don't talk much that she thinks of us often and I told her the same.  It will be good to see her and my mom, it has been a long time.  

I'm grateful for so many things, life is good, I think the funk is lifting.  It also feels good to be posting again :)

3 comments:

MaryFran said...

Keep working on Casadia! We had a 6 month (there abouts) feral cat at the studio that got quite ill a while back. My husband took him into the studio and nursed him back to health. The cat adores my husband and is totally skeptical and leary of me. The cat "Frawley" (yes, after WIlliam Frawley.....I already have a Lucy, Desi, Mertz, Ethel and a WinniFRED) is being treated with 'behavior modification' lessons from me. It's slow going.....

Vickie said...

On of my daughters occasionally goes and runs dogs at outside park (rescue dogs) she says it always makes her feel better.

Carla Birnberg said...

so glad the funk is lifting...