Where did I get that outfit? lol

Thursday, March 27, 2014

Weight Psychology

I feel like I've been quiet so much this past year.  I feel I've done a lot of work on myself though and really opened my eyes to a lot of things this past year. I've always felt bless how through my life people have come along that have helped me.  There have been many pivotal people in this weight loss journey of mine too.  People that have helped push me a bit further along my road of being a better, healthier (mentally and physically) me.  

A few days ago I got an email with the title "The #1 Problem with "Diet Mentality"' of course it peaked my interest so I went in search of the rest of the story.  I found myself on a website called "weight psychology".  I read some of the author's blog posts and I found myself identifying with everything he wrote.  

For some time now I've been wondering about the chemistry of food.  I've not really dug a lot into that side of things as I always thought it was more on the mental side of things that drove me to compulsively eat at times.  But as I've hung around this same weight I'm feeling like there has to be more to the story.  Anyway, I wrote back to the author and in my usual fashion I said how I felt.  I wondered if I sounded snippy, I hoped I wouldn't but as many other fellow bloggers know sometimes you get emails that want to sell you something.

Anyway, I emailed back and forth with Gary and I soon realized he knew his stuff and I wanted to learn more.  Today I got to have a long conversation with Gary and I must say it was a very informative talk and has opened my eyes even more to how complicated weight loss and maintenance is.  There are so many sides to it all that we have to figure out for ourselves if we want to lose weight or even maintain what weight we've lost.  I'm excited about learning more from Gary and hoping to connect some more dots for myself as to why I hold onto these last 20-30 lbs.  

I've always said people come into our lives for a reason and this feels that way to me. 

2 comments:

MaryFran said...

Yay! I hope this works for you to figure out this last step!!!!

Jane Cartelli said...

I am so grateful you are still walking the walk along with the talk my friend. Together we are getting better. Thank you for your continued honest and support!

Jane~